My 33

  • Jack White
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 1998
      I now have a CN 33 and I know very little about her other that she is
      extremely well built and sails like a dream. She came to me with about
      20# of dirt in the saloon, 8 bags of great sails, a full holding tank,
      no bottom paint, all the upholstery had split seams and smelled like a
      musty basement. The fresh water tank was 1/2 full of what we guessed to
      be water. Not bad for being on stands for about four years. I was lead
      to believe that there would be blisters but there was none, not one.
      Much has been done to improve the situation taking uncounted hours.
      I need to install roller furling but there is the SSteel rod to deal
      with, and which unit has been most successful?, the electric system has
      been modified and I would like to put it back as it was. Keel bolts and
      keel attachment to the hull, is there a torque setting? and is there
      anything I should know?. On deck there are anti skid areas, are these
      standard or just someone with sand and paint. The rudder has some up
      and down movement, is there some way to tighten this up?
      There is a ton of things I would like to know and a ton of things that
      I don't know about, that I need to know, so what ever you can share with
      me please do. I don't know how close the 33 is to the 35 but there
      should be some similarity. If anyone has pictures to share please send
      them and anyone wanting to see "Copasettic" we will be happy to send a
      picture to you.
      Thanks in advance..........
      Jack on Copasettic
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 1998
        I believe the 33 and the 35 are totally different designs. Check with CN in
        England and see what they say