Re: SV: SV: [campernicholson] Folding Props

  • Denece Vincent
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2002
      WE got the Autoprop and installed it at last years' haul out. It really
      cut down our prop walk and made backing up a lot more predictable! There
      was no problem with space. The one we got was much smaller than the 2
      bladed one we had back when we had the Watermota, tho', so maybe that's
      where part of this discussion is coming from. We notice a lot more power
      from our Yanmar 38hp. We also discovered on our last trip, that we may need
      to adjust the pitch a little to get the best from the combination. Our
      prop guy turned the shaft to a standard American size/pitch at the prop so
      we could avoid buying a semi-custom 1 3/8 inch prop, too!!
      Any questions, just ask!

      Denece

      Preparing to cruise South in Blue Pearl our CN35