October: aka.TETHYS II

  • PKnight
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2002
      Steve and Harrison

      Just a little input on Hull # 38.  I've been on this Nic when she was Tethys II and as October, when Jeff and Laura owned her.  We sail together up the Exumas chain for a few weeks.  Had a great time sail side by side with her.  This was in '94.

      What I remmber is that one of the owners believe the 2nd or 3rd made several changes or modification to her., as put the rub rails on both sides of her freeboard, and remember something about the anchor chain being run throught the foreward part of the  vee berth to a locker under the berth.  We figured he was trying to copy some of the older Nicholson that had the chain running in a pipe to the bildge.  But I need to find my journal for that trip and see if its mention that to be sure.

      Roger
      CN31-107

    • Harrison Evatt
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2002
        I believe that the Nicholson 32 has a hause pipe right through the center of the V berth; maybe they were trying to copy this design when they made this modification to October.