Re: [campernicholson] Zincs

  • Jeffrey Moorman
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6 7:16 AM
      Dennis,

      Put me down for at least one.

      Jeff Moorman
      Nic 35 La Boheme
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7 1:15 PM
        Gang,
        Ok, here is the scoop.
        1. It appears the hull zincs for the 31 and the 35 are the same size (you
        31's had best be sure).
        2. They cost about $65 each PLUS shipping.
        3. Tony is willing to buy them and ship the US ones to me.
        4. I am willing to break up the shipment and re-ship them on to you.
        5. I don't know how much the shipping will add, but let's guess $10 each.

        How many of you want how many zincs? This is not the official ordering
        stage, I just want to get a count so we can then get a better idea of the
        shipping costs.
        dennis-gibbons@...
      • Harrison Evatt
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7 4:33 PM
          I think I'll try to find a large piece of zinc & cut it down and drill it to
          fit . $65 seems high, especially once you add in the shipping.
          Thanks for the dimensions.
          Harrison

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8 2:53 PM
            Gang,
            Michael Davidson is negotiating fabrication of hull zincs here in the
            states. He is using one of his as a model. He will get back to me in a few
            days with the cost. I expect it to be a lot less than from the UK.
            Stay tuned
            dennis-gibbons@...
          • Harrison Evatt
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8 6:28 PM
              Great. I'd be interested to hear the price and the dimensions for this
              domestic zinc.
              Harrison
              S/V Circe
              > Michael Davidson is negotiating fabrication of hull zincs here in the
              > states. He is using one of his as a model. He will get back to me in a
              few
              > days with the cost. I expect it to be a lot less than from the UK.
              > Stay tuned
              > Dennis Gibbons
              > S/V Dark Lady
              > CN35-207
              > dennis-gibbons@...

            • pwalzer
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 11 5:47 PM
                Note the zinc on my 39 is the same size 15" x 1 3/4 by about 1/2 thick,
                holes 9" on center. Mine is external, ie not in a recess.

                Peter