Lazy Jacks

  • Jteipen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2002
      The previous owner put lazy jacks on my boat which worked very well with the full battened mainsail.  I didn't like the wear and tear on the sail that they caused especially in heavy seas so I took them off.  If I was going to replace them, I would probably look at a set up like the EZ Jacks which allows you to retract the lines along the mast and boom when sailing thereby eliminating chafe on the sail.

      Jim
      SV Alegria
      CN 35 #68