Re: [campernicholson] Lazy jacks

  • svwantok@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2002
      Hi!
      JUst for your info:
      I have a "dutchman" system, which flakes the sail over the boom by two control lines through the sail and an adjustable 360 topping-lift replacement.

      Don't know what I would do vs lazy jacks (it was on board), but I'm working towards some kind of boom furling.

      Patricia
      WANTOK
      cn35-210

      In a message dated Mon, 4 Feb 2002 9:42:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Frank & Sherri Voorheis" <voorheis@...> writes: Hi folks. Could anyone tell me how to make up your own Lazy Jacks for a Nick 35? Are any books available which give details? I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Frank > 35/126

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2002
        I have set on my boat and it is fairly straight forward. Try and follow
        this:
        1. Two stayset-x lines (3/16"?) with a miniblock at the end. The upper end
        of the line is attached to the side of the mast about 1/4 down from the top.
        The lines are long enough so the blocks hang down to about 4' from the boom.
        2. A Nylon bulls-eye on the underside of the boom. I mounted the
        bull's-eye. in a small slab of aluminum and that slides in the track in the
        boom. Set screws in the slab allow me to change position of the bull's-eye.
        3. On one side of the boom an eyestrape on an aluminum slide.
        4. On the other side of the boom a cheek block and a cleat, each riding on
        it's own slide.
        5. another LONG run of stayset-x. One end attaches to the eyestrap, runs
        up and through the hanging block, down under the boom through the
        bull's-eye, back up to the other hanging block, down through the cheek and
        forward to the cleat.
        By having the blocks on slides, I can move them around until they hold the
        sail the way I like. Before I hoist the sail, I give a lot of slack to the
        line and hook it with a shockcord around the mast to pull it forward and out
        of the way
        dennis-gibbons@...