Re: [campernicholson] Headliners

  • Jeffrey Moorman
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
      Denece,

      When Annie pulled down the 1972 headliner material on LaBoheme we found no space between the plastic channel the panels snap into and the fiberglass-in other words you will probably end up with an upholstered look.

      The sections snap out of the channels relatively easily so you shouldn't have too much of a problem sliding insulation in. I have pics of the naked overhead I will post.

      Jeff
    • Robert Horvath
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2002
        Stephen & Mary,

        Info on headliner replacement, hull to deck joints and laminated compression plates would be very valuable to me, & probably others. I would appreciate your providing the info.

        We are sailing/refurbishing "Grace" CN-35 #18 built in 71.

        Bob & Sylvia Horvath
        Bronte Harbour, Ontario

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
          ............and a hello from #42 "Dediou" here in the Med.  I plan to change from French to English registration next year and return to the original name of "Marie Gallante".  I also would be very interested in your Autoprop plans.  I have considered this but put it on hold for the moment.

          The following is a copy of an e-mail from flexofold:

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
            Just one suggestion on feathering props for those considering the change. I
            installed a J prop sold and imported by Bomon (see their ads in mags or web
            page). The pitch problem is the easiest to deal with on this prop as it can
            be adjusted in the water in 2-3 dives with a mask each dive lasting 15-30
            seconds. This prop can also be removed intact underwater- not an easy task
            on other feathering/auto pitching props. At least check it out. Nice
            engineering.