Re: [campernicholson] Roller Furling Genoa Choice

  • evatt@attglobal.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
      Don't overlook the Pro Furl which is a reefing/furling system. The Pro Furl
      furling line may be used on a winch
      if necessary in a strong wind to reef or furl unlike some of the other
      furlers. I have been very please with ProFurl since I installed two years
      ago. It works flawlessly. I believeProFurl spares are as easy to obtain
      worldwide as Harken or Hood.
      Harrison
      Nic 31 Circe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
        Have to agree with the non-endorsement of the Harken. We started with a
        Harken I unit....couldn't furl our 120 on any point of sail...Upgraded to
        the Mark II unit and still have to put it on a winch half the time (which
        is strictly a No-No according to Harken). We will probably keep it since
        it's on and paid for but its not one of the things that make us smile.

        Denece

        Email address changing soon to bluepearl@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
          Is Frank Vorheis S/V Random Run CN35-126 still part of the list? I just
          contacted "Rigging Only" regarding new shrouds and they said they had just
          worked up a quote for him. If so, I would like to compare notes.
          Specifically whether or not to upsize wiresize when going to 316. Others
          feel free to chime in.
          dennis-gibbons@...