Re: [campernicholson] Nic 35 Rudder

  • Mary & Stephen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hi,

      Has anyone on the list successfully removed their Nic 35's
      rudder? Steve has run into a problem removing the top rudder
      bushing & can't go any further. Any advice/suggestions
      greatly appreciated!

      Steve & Mary
      CN35 #80
      Levity

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2001
        Hi there!

        No, I still haven't had a go at it. If I have any ideas, after she's cleaned on Friday, I'll let you know. But I'm planning on saving it for winter haul-out in the Caribbean. So any info very welcome. I got hold of a sketch from someone earlier this year in Ponta Delgada, but does not seem to show rudder connection - only placement of rudder stem and an add-on to protect in the event of bottom scraping.

        Patricia
        WANTOK
        cn35-210

        Currently in Las Palmas awainting ARC departure for St Lucia on Nov 25th.

        In a message dated Tue, 6 Nov 2001 9:03:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Mary & Stephen" <phrf201@...> writes:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Has anyone on the list successfully removed their Nic 35's
        > rudder? Steve has run into a problem removing the top rudder
        > bushing & can't go any further. Any advice/suggestions
        > greatly appreciated!
        >
        > Steve & Mary
        > CN35 #80
        > Levity

      • M. Davidson
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2001
          >From: "Mary & Stephen" <phrf201@...>
          >To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Nic 35 Rudder
          >Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:01:16 +0000
          >
          >Hi,
          >
          >Has anyone on the list successfully removed their Nic 35's
          >rudder? Steve has run into a problem removing the top rudder
          >bushing & can't go any further. Any advice/suggestions
          >greatly appreciated!
          >
          >Steve & Mary
          >CN35 #80
          >Levity
          >Hi Steve & Mary
          Itook my rudder off 2 Years ago with no problems 1st. Let go quadrent from
          inside port side quater bearth 2 Out on deck removed deck plate 3 Removed
          screws from rudder skeg 5 Put heat on bronze end while suporting rudder and
          just worked it down. Dont recall anything to tough>