A Continuing Saga

  • Denece Vincent
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2001
      I just realized that I have neglected to 'come clean' to the group
      here.... We are still here in Alameda....

      Due to the fact that all our boat jobs took 4 times as long (and cost twice
      as much) as we had anticipated we decided to postpone our departure until
      next Spring. We kept having to lop off projects and destinations until it
      was pretty much going to be a straight-out scramble for the border. (
      Complete with plastic boxes of project parts strapped to the rails.) This
      was not what we had anticipated when planning our cruise. Plus we would
      still have had major projects uncompleted.

      WE will wait until Spring and start slowly. A few short trips first to fine
      tune the installations and THEN the down the West Coast trip. We realized
      two things:
      ! If its not fun...its not fun (we worked like dogs all summer)
      2. It is OUR trip and we don't have to rush off just to suit the dockside
      chatters.

      Back to work here, more to follow.

      Denece

      PS I will get some of the projects photographed and loaded to the shared
      files space once the dust settles a little.
    • aspen2000@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2001
        Contratulations on a wise decision.
      • svwantok@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2001
          Denece,

          I second aspen's sentiments prexactly!

          Patricia
          svwantok@...
          wantok
          cn35-210
        • Denece Vincent
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2001
            Thanks for the support. It was really REALLY disappointing to realize that
            we were not going to get out this year after all. We must be some of the
            slowest workers in the world! We are really happy with the results of our
            labors so far. You would be surprised what you can fit in to one of our
            narrow 35 footers by judicious squeezing.
            We also ended up putting in all new sewer hoses when the potty decided to
            have a "fatal error" last week! Thank God we were close to parts and
            supplies (and a motel for the one night we couldn't get things back
            together!)! Now our head smells like new tires.
            On to the propane upgrade...enlarged locker, new 10# tanks, valves, new
            hoses and stove. I got the Plastimo Neptune because it had safety features
            I liked but it sure would have been nice to get the Broadwater.

            As we say around here, "how does it feel to want?"

            Best to All

            Denece
          • aspen2000@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 19, 2001
              Personally, I think only you know when the time is right. Nothing is worse
              then a feeling of being rushed, not ready, unprepared, etc. Besides,
              you will know the boat much better by next spring anyway.

              Keep the group posted with your projects.

              Jeff
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 19, 2001
                Patricia,
                I heard you checking in with Herb about a week ago. How goes it and where
                are you?
                dennis-gibbons@...