Re: [campernicholson] SSB installation

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3 9:28 AM
      Denice,
      Attached is a jpg showing how I did mine. It has worked so far. I did not
      want the engine touched with the foil for galvanic reasons. My keel and a
      dynaplate seem to suffice.
      I have been advised to have the ground foil link the transceiver to the
      counterpoise (the technical name for the HF ground which is NOT the same as
      the DC ground). I have yet to do it.
      The tuner as a DC ground (part of the multi cable) which goes to the
      transceiver and a thumbnut for the foil (counterpoise) ground. I did not
      ground the remote to the transceiver.

      If you go to the Sail Mail site, there are links to a lot of info on this
      subject.
      dennis-gibbons@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5 10:20 PM

        If by ground you are referring to the copper foil, it goes on the antenna
        tuner.

        You are certainly welcome to come take a look at my installation.  I have the
        same radio and it seems to be working well.

        Jim
        SV Alegria
        CN 35   #68
      • se@server1.geogr.ku.dk
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5 11:19 PM
          P� ferie til 6. august og er ikke i stand til at checke e-mail f�r efter denne dato

          On vacation until August 6th. Will not be able to check mail before then.
        • Denece Vincent
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 6 8:57 AM
            I may want t let me know when it would be convenient and how to find you.
            We have a phone aboard if that is more convenient (510) 337-1717.
            Saturday we will be going to the SSCA Gam at China Camp, by car most likely
            since the dinghy is being painted on deck at the moment. Are you going?

            Denece

          • Jteipen@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 7 10:01 PM
              Denece,

              We'd be happy to show you our SSB  installation but this weekend won't work.
              Anne & I are doing the Half Moon Bay race this weekend. Wish us luck.  The
              following weekend would probably work though. I will call you this week
              sometime we can get it set up.

              Have fun up in China Camp.   Anne & I rafted up with some friends there just
              a week or so ago.

              Jim & Anne
              SV Alegria
              CN 35    #68