Its in there

  • Denece Vincent
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2001
      Just a note to update the group on our progress. After totally removing the
      original icebox with its less than impressive 0-2 inches of crumbling foam
      ( depending on part of the box). We installed a reflective vapor barrier, 6
      inches of urethane foam and a 1/8 inch styrene liner. Yesterday we put in
      the 'works' for a technautics "Cool Blue" system. and today I just have to
      stick in the divider (freezer/reefer) and seal the holes I drilled to put
      in the copper tubing to exchange coolant.
      The compressor fired right up when we tested it yesterday and only drew 7
      amps going full tilt to cool a warm eutectic plate. It was quieter than
      anticipated too.
      We are very happy!
      Now on to watermaker and solar panels!

      And we thought this cruising life was one long vacation!