Re: Alegria

  • Robert &/or Denece Vincent
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 9:04 AM
      Jim,
      Have you contacted the yard? C&N has records on all their boats which are kept
      as up-to-date as they can. I believe the e-mail address is in the archives or
      you can call them.
      Cheryl is the usual contact person and she will take down some info on you and
      the transaction when you make contact. They can give you a lot of info.
      (We got the blueprints for BluePearl!)
      From the sounds of it I would say that you got the same advice re the inner
      forestay that we did. I understand that that sort of arrangement is fairly
      common over there and is usually termed a "solent stay". It is frequently used
      in conjunction with a rooler furled jib to give better sail area control---who
      wants to be dropping an unsecured sail when the wind pipes up?

      I am still trying to figure out how to set up a database so we can compare boats
      more easily. Someday...

      Happy Sails,