Central heating

  • derek.gardiner@unn.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2001
      Happy new year all. We(Speedwell of Southampton 142)have arrived
      back in Largs, Scotland, after a 3 year, academic holidays only, trip
      back from Turkey. I am considering fitting central heating as it is
      cold up here. Over xmas we had to break out of ice in Tarbert
      harbour!
      I would like to fit the eberspacher DW4 water heating system which
      heats water in the calorifier and provides heat via matrix (water
      heat exchanger) fans. It also requires a header tank and there are
      other height restrictions on the location of the various components.
      Has anyone experience of fitting this system?
      On a different note - how do we edit the database?

      Derek
    • Denece &/or Bob Vincent
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2001
        Hi, Derek,

        I haven't gone into the database since we changed "ownerships" a few months
        ago, but it used to be fairly intuitive ( ie: the program led you through
        the process ). At any rate please feel free to go give it a shot, you can't
        do anything 'wrong' and most likely we'll all get the benefit of your
        additions!
        On the heater topic, we fitted the Espar air heater ( sorta wish we'd gone
        the water route as it is less space intensive ) It was fairly simple to
        owner install since it came with great instructions. Go to their website and
        you can download the installation instructions so you can see exactly what
        you will need to do to accomodate the furnace before spending the money.
        Good luck,
        Denece
      • derek.gardiner@unn.ac.uk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2001
          Thanks for these comments Denece, I will do some more research and
          let you know what we eventually fit.

          Derek

          --- In campernicholson@egroups.com, "Denece &/or Bob Vincent"