RE: [campernicholson] Re:autopilot

  • peter walzer
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2000
      Dennis - My CN39/02 had a NECO (1976 electronics and drive) rotary drive and
      still does. I added a Brooks and Gatehouse linear drive unit. An additional
      aluminum bracket was attached to the original steering cable pads for the
      linear/hydraulic/ram unit. I contracted the whole thing out, it cost about
      $4000. and was done by BIG Electronisc in Rock Hall. I recommend him. It
      works great. The original NECO still works but has about a 30 degree offset
      from compas to steering course. I just use the B&G. I suppose some day I
      will remove the NECO and gain a big storage area around the rotary drive.

      Peter