New Member "La Boheme" Nic 35 #49

  • jmoorman@ozfilms.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2000
      Greetings and congratulations on your intellegent choice,

      I am the owner of a 1972 N-35 hull #49. I purchased her in March
      1999 DURING a delivery to Ft. Lauderdale from the Turks & Caicos.
      The owner and I were boiling along in a fine 40knt SE breeze when I
      had an epiphany...THIS was exactly the boat I had been waiting for.
      I made the owner an offer, he accepted, and...ok enough drama.

      The hull and deck are sound NO stress cracks (even @ corners/turns!)
      I haven't done a moisture check but...
      The spar is a KEMP w/sound deadening and exterior halyards.
      The auxilliary is a Perkins w/ the ubiquitious Hydraulic Drive sys.
      The self steering is an Aries Lift-Up (presently being rebuilt by Moi)
      Rollier furling is a Harken (being replaced w/ a ProFurl)
      An inner forestay for hank-on sails is fitted on the aftermost point
      of the headstay plate.

      ...anything else anyone wants to know feel free to E-Me.

      I am planning to remove the Perkins/Hydraulic sys in favor of a v-
      drive on a 30HP (or so) engine. I figure a weight savings of
      >250lbs, not to mention a more simple installation.
      SOOO****Has anyone out there done this???

      This Winter I have a HUGE list in my complete RE-fit plan so we will
      be talking!

      All the best, Jeff Moorman in Annapolis
    • Jim Downing
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
        There must be a mistake somewhere. I also have hull 49 CN35--Brea contact
        Baldpate @evcom .net
        >Greetings and congratulations on your intellegent choice,
        >
        >I am the owner of a 1972 N-35 hull #49. I purchased her in March
        >1999 DURING a delivery to Ft. Lauderdale from the Turks & Caicos.
        >The owner and I were boiling along in a fine 40knt SE breeze when I
        >had an epiphany...THIS was exactly the boat I had been waiting for.
        >I made the owner an offer, he accepted, and...ok enough drama.
        >
        >The hull and deck are sound NO stress cracks (even @ corners/turns!)
        >I haven't done a moisture check but...
        >The spar is a KEMP w/sound deadening and exterior halyards.
        >The auxilliary is a Perkins w/ the ubiquitious Hydraulic Drive sys.
        >The self steering is an Aries Lift-Up (presently being rebuilt by Moi)
        >Rollier furling is a Harken (being replaced w/ a ProFurl)
        >An inner forestay for hank-on sails is fitted on the aftermost point
        >of the headstay plate.
        >
        >...anything else anyone wants to know feel free to E-Me.
        >
        >I am planning to remove the Perkins/Hydraulic sys in favor of a v-
        >drive on a 30HP (or so) engine. I figure a weight savings of
        >>250lbs, not to mention a more simple installation.
        >SOOO****Has anyone out there done this???
        >
        >This Winter I have a HUGE list in my complete RE-fit plan so we will
        >be talking!
        >
        >All the best, Jeff Moorman in Annapolis

      • Jeffrey Moorman
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
          Jim,

          I am away from the boat sooo, I may have the number WRONG...I shall check this weekend and correct the error...I don't doubt the error is mine.

          Jeff