Nic-32 hull number

  • JimT99@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 17, 2000
      Hello,

      I examined a Nicholson 32, which had a Halmatic hull number 0617 on a
      aluminum plate in the lazerette. The boat is a 1966. Is there a way
      to translate this to a hull number which represents the boat's
      ordinal number for the model? I figure it was around nic-32 number
      80-100.

      Thanks,
      Jim
    • D. Landa
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 18, 2000
        Dear Jim,

        In order to be able to give you more information, please let me know:
        The name of the boat, if posible her original name.
        The original owner.
        I am in possesion of the  complete owners list of 32´s
        Greetings Henk Landa
        Owner "Alter Ego" Hull 342 MK 11

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 18, 2000
          Henk,
          That's great!
          Here's what I could find:
          Current boat name "Fidelis"
          Previous boatname "Serang"?
          Last British? owner in 1979 : Paul Martin Randall
          It also has an original British? documentation number: 308977

          Thanks,
          Jim
          --- In campernicholson@egroups.com, "D. Landa" <doclanda@c...> wrote:
          > Dear Jim,
          >
          > In order to be able to give you more information, please let me
          know:
          > The name of the boat, if posible her original name.
          > The original owner.
          > I am in possesion of the complete owners list of 32´s
          > Greetings Henk Landa
          > Owner "Alter Ego" Hull 342 MK 11

        • D. Landa
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 19, 2000
            Dear Jim,
            There are no entries on the list for either Mr Randall, Fidelis or Serang.
            Hull numbers used to be in the cockpit stern locker. Have a look there. I think you might be seeing a sail number in the heads.
            Greetings Henk

            Last British? owner in 1979 : Paul Martin Randall
            It also has an original British? documentation number: 308977

            Thanks,
            Jim
            --- In campernicholson@egroups.com, "D. Landa" <doclanda@c...> wrote:
            > Dear Jim,
            >
            > In order to be able to give you more information, please let me
            know:
            > The name of the boat, if posible her original name.
            > The original owner.
            > I am in possesion of the  complete owners list of 32´s
            > Greetings Henk Landa
            > Owner "Alter Ego" Hull 342 MK 11

          • Denece &/or Bob Vincent
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 19, 2000
              That number sounds more like a US document number. Somewhere around here I have the website address to check. I'll forward once/if I can find it again.
              There are no entries on the list for either Mr Randall, Fidelis or Serang.
              Hull numbers used to be in the cockpit stern locker. Have a look there. I think you might be seeing a sail number in the heads.
              Greetings Henk

              Last British? owner in 1979 : Paul Martin Randall
              It also has an original British? documentation number: 308977

              Thanks,
              Jim
              --- In campernicholson@egroups.com, "D. Landa" <doclanda@c...> wrote:
              > Dear Jim,
              >
              > In order to be able to give you more information, please let me
              know:
              > The name of the boat, if posible her original name.
              > The original owner.
              > I am in possesion of the  complete owners list of 32´s
              > Greetings Henk Landa
              > Owner "Alter Ego" Hull 342 MK 11

            • Mary Broderick
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 19, 2000
                Denece/Bob,

                I thought it looked like a US doc. # too, so I checked
                the number on the Coast Guard's documentation website
                but nothing came up.

                Mary

                http://profiles.msn.com
              • JimT99@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 19, 2000
                  Thanks Denece/Bob, Mary and Henk for checking.
                  I also asked the Nic-32 association, but they haven't found it yet.

                  The US documentation # is 623719. I took another look and noticed
                  that the first entry on the U.S. documentation is:

                  First Documented owner ( U.S. I assume) John Edwin Buckland 8/13/75
                  EX: FL74938V
                  British Guanola O.N. 306977

                  The owner listed the hull number as 308977.
                  There is a wooden plaque in the forward cabin that reads:
                  "OFF No 308977"

                  The only number found in the stern locker that I wrote down was the
                  hull number: 0617

                  Does that help?
                  I will be buying the boat in the next month.
                  Thanks again,
                  Jim
                  --- In campernicholson@egroups.com, "Mary Broderick" <phrf201@h...>
                  wrote:
                  > Denece/Bob,
                  >
                  > I thought it looked like a US doc. # too, so I checked
                  > the number on the Coast Guard's documentation website
                  > but nothing came up.
                  >
                  > Mary
                  > >That number sounds more like a US document number. Somewhere
                  around here I
                  > >have the website address to check. I'll forward once/if I can find
                  it
                  > >again.
                  > >Denece
                  > > Dear Jim,
                  > > There are no entries on the list for either Mr Randall, Fidelis
                  or
                  > >Serang.
                  > > Hull numbers used to be in the cockpit stern locker. Have a
                  look there.
                  > >I think you might be seeing a sail number in the heads.
                  > > Greetings Henk
                  > > Henk,
                  > > That's great!
                  > > Here's what I could find:
                  > > Current boat name "Fidelis"
                  > > Previous boatname "Serang"?
                  > > Last British? owner in 1979 : Paul Martin Randall
                  > > It also has an original British? documentation number: 308977
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Jim
                • D. Landa
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 20, 2000
                    Dear Jim,
                    The list I use is the list of the Nic 32 assoc year 2000. The name Buckland does not appear either.
                    Regards Henk.

                    wrote:
                    > Denece/Bob,
                    >
                    > I thought it looked like a US doc. # too, so I checked
                    > the number on the Coast Guard's documentation website
                    > but nothing came up.
                    >
                    > Mary
                    > >That number sounds more like a US document number. Somewhere
                    around here I
                    > >have the website address to check. I'll forward once/if I can find
                    it
                    > >again.
                    > >Denece
                    > >   Dear Jim,
                    > >   There are no entries on the list for either Mr Randall, Fidelis
                    or
                    > >Serang.
                    > >   Hull numbers used to be in the cockpit stern locker. Have a
                    look there.
                    > >I think you might be seeing a sail number in the heads.
                    > >   Greetings Henk
                    > >     Henk,
                    > >     That's great!
                    > >     Here's what I could find:
                    > >     Current boat name "Fidelis"
                    > >     Previous boatname "Serang"?
                    > >     Last British? owner in 1979 : Paul Martin Randall
                    > >     It also has an original British? documentation number: 308977
                    > >
                    > >     Thanks,
                    > >     Jim

                  • Denece &/or Bob Vincent
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 20, 2000
                      One last thought...
                      look at the stern exterior hull just under the rail. There may be a small
                      raised area (maybe 1/2 inch high by 2-3 inches) with what appears to be a
                      string of random numbers and letters. The first 2-3 letters are the maker
                      (CN) then numbers for the date (dd/mm/yy) and hull number. These are on all
                      vessels made after 1975 I think, but also appear on some older ones.
                      Let me know what you find.

                      > Thanks Denece/Bob, Mary and Henk for checking.
                      > I also asked the Nic-32 association, but they haven't found it yet.
                      >
                      > The US documentation # is 623719. I took another look and noticed
                      > that the first entry on the U.S. documentation is:
                      >
                      > First Documented owner ( U.S. I assume) John Edwin Buckland 8/13/75
                      > EX: FL74938V
                      > British Guanola O.N. 306977
                      >
                      > The owner listed the hull number as 308977.
                      > There is a wooden plaque in the forward cabin that reads:
                      > "OFF No 308977"
                      >
                      > The only number found in the stern locker that I wrote down was the
                      > hull number: 0617
                      >
                      > Does that help?
                      > I will be buying the boat in the next month.
                      > Thanks again,
                      > Jim
                      > --- In campernicholson@egroups.com, "Mary Broderick" <phrf201@h...>
                      > wrote:
                      > > Denece/Bob,
                      > >
                      > > I thought it looked like a US doc. # too, so I checked
                      > > the number on the Coast Guard's documentation website
                      > > but nothing came up.
                      > >
                      > > Mary
                      > > >That number sounds more like a US document number. Somewhere
                      > around here I
                      > > >have the website address to check. I'll forward once/if I can find
                      > it
                      > > >again.
                      > > >Denece
                      > > > Dear Jim,
                      > > > There are no entries on the list for either Mr Randall, Fidelis
                      > or
                      > > >Serang.
                      > > > Hull numbers used to be in the cockpit stern locker. Have a
                      > look there.
                      > > >I think you might be seeing a sail number in the heads.
                      > > > Greetings Henk
                      > > > Henk,
                      > > > That's great!
                      > > > Here's what I could find:
                      > > > Current boat name "Fidelis"
                      > > > Previous boatname "Serang"?
                      > > > Last British? owner in 1979 : Paul Martin Randall
                      > > > It also has an original British? documentation number: 308977
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks,
                      > > > Jim

                    • harold russell
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 21, 2000
                        jim,
                        the no 308977 is the registry no for british registry.
                        harold russell
                        sv melandy nic32 mk4(1965)