6763FW: #sailstice14

    Jul 6, 2014

      From: Abby Mohan [mailto:abby@...]
      Sent: Friday, July 04, 2014 4:46 PM
      Subject: Re: #sailstice14

      Thanks Mark!  Here is a sailstice tale I added to the webs tie: http://www.summersailstice.com/article/muskegon  Sounds like a great weekend.

      fair winds,

      On Jun 24, 2014, at 7:41 PM, MARK HOENKE <TORNADO186@...> wrote:

      We sailed with friends & their two boys to White Lake Yacht Club from Harbortown in  Muskegon .  They roll up the sidewalks early so the Dads dinghied into town to the antique (historical marker & all) Dog & Suds for a giant bag of  kid food.   We had an opportunity to trial our new Quantum code zero. GO BLUE.  (Code Blue?).  Weather held off just enough to keep the weekend fun. WLYC ran Optimus & Butterfly races Sunday AM.   Patchy fog on the return Sunday.  I hopped the dinghy to take a few photos of the new sail while ROXY cruised past at about 6 on auto-pilot.  Fog closed in at the  Muskegon channel to about two boat-lengths.  By the time we cleared the CG station at mid-channel (1/4 mile inland) it was clear blue skies. We finished up relaxing in our slip while a great band played a variety of tunes at Dockers restaurant off our transom.

      1984 Camper & Nicholson 58 ketch