6313RE: [campernicholson] Life Raft Mounting on Coach Roof / NIC 35 "Andromeda of Arisaig"

  • Colin Campbell-Dunlop
    Jun 12, 2013

      Hi Jorgen,

      We have a set up on Trutz with the liferaft (4 man canister) mounted on teak blocks forward of the sprayhood.  I will send you pictures at the weekend.  We have the liferaft held on with ratchet straps currently but I am going to upgrade this to a purpose built stainless steel cradle with quick release clips.  This will screw straight in to the teak blocks which are through bolted on the hatch garage.

      We also have a hole in the port block which you can tie the liferaft painter to.  We leave it permanently rigged.  If the raft goes over the side it will inflate and remain attached to the boat.

      It is a simple set up and doesn’t cut visibility down too much.

      Rgds

      Colin