5665Re: [campernicholson] Inner Forestay

  • MARK HOENKE
    Jun 23, 2011

      Our Camper 58 is cutter rigged ketch.  The inner stay is from the upper spreader parallel to the forestay so it lands about 8 feet aft of the stem fitting.  There are running backs to port and starboard winches at the cockpit.  The inner stay is a roller furling ProFurl Clasic 42.  The inner jib is then a 2/3 hoist that fills the space to the mast. Below deck is a SS rod & turnbuckle to the keel to buck up the deck fitting.  The Genoa is unmanageable except to furl.  I am considering adding a solent rig or code zero or both to the aft end of the stem fitting to be operated with a spare jib halyard.  This will let us run a large drifter/reacher or a storm jib.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic