      From: JFR <jfregnard@...>
      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, July 3, 2010 2:53:19 PM
      Subject: [campernicholson] Speed under motoring (4.7 knots at 2.000 rpm)

      My CN has a 35hp Piranha engine with a two-blade folding propeller. With revs at 2.000 rpm, she sails at 4.7 knots in a flat sea and virtually no-wind. Such a speed seems quite slow to me. Would anyone have figures that I can use as a benchmark ? Should I put in a 3-blade regular propeller ?
      Any advice will be welcome,

      JF Regnard
      CN35#207

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic