      From: geoff.n35fly <geoff.n35fly@...>
      Subject: [campernicholson] Re: Depth Transducer - hull thickness
      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 3:56 AM

      --- In campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com, "Bob Horvath" <horvath@... > wrote:

      > I am trying to decide what to do wrt depth instrumentation for my CN 35.
      > I am looking to upgrade or replace my Hercules Depthsounder, which would
      > cost $200+ for each replacement transducer.
      >
      > Is anyone using an in-hull depth transducer (as opposed to thru-hull) ?
      >
      > I am trying to discover whether an Airmar P79 will work (probably with
      > Raymarine ST 40 or 60)
      > - Maximum hull thickness recommended for this transducer is 5/8".
      >

      > Any information and or ideas would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Bob Horvath
      > (CN35 #18 - Grace)

      Ben,
      I installed an ST40 "in hull" depth transducer in an Ohlson 38, and more recently an ST60 "in hull" transducer in my Nic 35. Both were installed in the inboard/aft corner of the locker just fwd of the chart table, with the liquid filled tube vertical. Both appeared to work perfectly.
      Best regards
      Geoff McB.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic