4799Depth Transducer - hull thickness

  • Bob Horvath
    Jul 7, 2009
      I am trying to decide what to do wrt depth instrumentation for my CN 35.
      I am looking to upgrade or replace my Hercules Depthsounder, which would cost $200+ for each replacement transducer.

      Is anyone using an in-hull depth transducer (as opposed to thru-hull) ?

      I am trying to discover whether an Airmar P79 will work (probably with Raymarine ST 40 or 60)
      - Maximum hull thickness recommended for this transducer is
      5/8".

      Any information and or ideas would be appreciated.

      Thanks.

      Bob Horvath
      (CN35 #18 - Grace)

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic