      From: wispcb
      Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 3:19 PM
      Subject: [campernicholson] Re: hatch seals

      Howdy,

      'Wire dip stuff', what a wonderful idea. When out and about , I used
      half of a clothes pin (wooden,one side only, like a wedge) which
      increased how hard the hatch was seated. But your idea,,, perfect. I
      always carry a can of liquid tape (if that's was what you used), but
      didn't think of that approach. Thanks, I'll remember that .

      Rick, 35-77 ' Wisp'

      --- In campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com, "JOHN LARSON" <jsl-sll@... >
      wrote:

      > If your looking for a quick fix, coat the old gasket with electrical
      wire dip stuff. We had a leak in the Bahamas and couldn't find a gasket.
      The coated old gasket lasted for five years longer at least and didn't
      leak a drop.

      > John Larson
      >
      > CN 35-85, Passport

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic