4685Re: Motoring Astern

  • rogerbentonuk
    Mar 7, 2009
      Hi Don
      We have a hydraulic drive version with the original rudder. I agree with the others who have posted that going astern is difficult but it is possible. Reversing in a marina environment for us would involve reversing then going forward to reposition then reversing again, sort of 2 steps back one step forward! The one factor in our favour is that with a hydraulic drive we can quickly shift from forward to reverse.

      I know your looking for a Nic 35 so if you can get up to Scotland you would be welcome to come spend a day on our boat with us (not to buy - just to try!). We should be back in the water just after Easter.

      Regards
      Roger

      Doucier #86
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic