4680Re: [campernicholson] Motoring Astern

    Mar 5, 2009
      Don,

      As a result of my day job working in a boatyard, I've been in the
      position to maneuver a great variety of sailboats of all shapes sizes
      and hull configurations. All I can say is that the late model Nic35's
      with a v-drive are by no means any more difficult to manage astern than
      any other similarly equipped vessel. The turn to port is predictable,
      and in many instances, quite handy. Things may be different with the
      hydraulic drives, since the prop is further away from the rudder,
      however I haven't had the opportunity to try one out.

      regards
      Graham