4626Re: [campernicholson] Re: Deep Sea Seal

  • JOHN LARSON
    Feb 9, 2009
      Hi Michael

      We replace our hose on the stuffing box when it starts feeling a little to soft.  Not a very scientific approach, but we haven't had a failure yet.

      I can imagine that the v-drive makes it a bit of a challenge.  It's pretty wide open on the hydralic models.  The tradeoff is that you probably can back in something approaching a straight line.  With Passport the best we can so is a small clockwise circle.  Sometimes that can be handy, but all in all, I would rather be able to control where I go in reverse.

      John Larson

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic