4326Re: Steering squeak

  • galljj35
    Jul 8, 2008
      Our plans are to be in Holbrook Harbor (Castine) for 27th/28, two
      nights in Belfast (29/30), the 31st - thursday - in Dark Harbor on
      Isleboro or thereabouts and in Rockland the 1 and 2nd of August.

      From there we will probably go to Perry Creek on Vinalhaven. After
      that we'll wander aroound, but we'll leave from Tenants/Port Clyde on
      the 6th (at the latest) for Gloucester

      Hope we can get catch up.

      As to my bank account, I would rather have invested it in my hull,
      rather than watch it evaporate as it has done in the past few
      months !!

      john

      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN LARSON" <jsl-sll@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi John and Gail
      >
      > We're heading for Passport on the 28th or 29th of July and will be
      around Rockland for a few days getting ready, then cruising Penobscot
      bay also. Lets stay in touch and try to meet somewhere, hopefully
      with the rest of last year's group.

      > We haven't had any squeaking from the helm, but we did have a
      knocking noise which turned out to be worn rudder shaft packing. We
      replaced the packing and the noise went away, at least so far.

      > You may develop topsides envy when you see Passport, but you're
      bank account is likely in a lot better shape than ours. All that
      prettiness costs lots.

      > Hope to see you two and the rest of the group while we're in Maine.
      >
      > John and Sandy Larson
      > s/v Passport

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic