      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      From: Albert_Boyce@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 22:06:19 -0400
      Subject: [campernicholson] Lightning Protection

      I am wondering what other Nicholson 35 owners have done for lightning
      protection. I have developed a keen interest in lighting protection
      after getting caught out on the Chesapeake in a thunderstorm last week
      and getting a mild electric shock at the helm while steering the boat.
      Quite a wake up call. I have hull number 132 and there is a small
      sintered bronze plate on the outside of the hull that is connected by #8
      wire to the mast.

      None of the shrouds, stays, lifelines, stanchions, or any other metal
      objects are grounded or otherwise connected to this plate

      I look forward to hearing what lightnting protection arrangements others
      have in place on their boats.

      Al Boyce
      Discovery CN35 #132

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic