3886Re: [campernicholson] Bio-diesel

  • Johns
    Aug 11, 2007

      From: colin_cd
      Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 3:02 PM
      Subject: [campernicholson] Bio-diesel

      Dear group,

      given that we are going to lose our right to use low tax marine
      diesel here in the UK I was thinking of looking in to the viability
      of using biodiesel instead.

      I was wondering if anyone else in the group had any experience of
      using this fuel.

      I cannot think of any reason why it would not work but any input from
      group members would be helpful.

      As things stand i think that the biggest issue will be one of
      availability. I certainly can't see many fuel berths stocking it
      alongside normal red diesel.

      Given the environmental advantages of using it though it might make
      sense. any thoughts?

      Colin

      Trutz 35/225

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic