3885Re: Water Pump

  • gordonj1302
    Aug 6, 2007
      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "alby793"
      <richard.albamonti@...> wrote:
      > Mornin' All,
      > I have recently purchased a Camper Nicholson 39 CC Ketch and will
      > possession of her next week. The Survey uncovered a possible
      > with the water pump on the diesel engine. The original engine was
      > replaced some time ago with a Ford Transit 4 Cyl 70 hp diesel. The
      > bearings on the water pump on this engine packed it up. According
      > the former owner, the water pump was of English manufacture and was
      > immediately available in the U.S. A yard replaced it with a pump by
      > Johnson that was said to be a good replacememnt. It is
      > slightly "larger," pumping more water, but it also produces a noise
      > that doesn't seem to be "correct" according to the surveyor. While
      > might be a correct replacement match, I was wondering if anyone
      > who is the original manufacture of the water pump for this engine
      > how I would go about obtaining a replacement.
      > Thanks,
      > Rick

      Hi Rick
      Is there any chance your pump may be a Jabsco? If you could supply a
      reference number or better still a photograph or two then I might be
      able to help you. I am a yacht chandler on the Isle of Wight in
      England and we sell loads of different pumps. I also own an old
      Nicholson 36,built in 1963.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic