      From: JIM TEIPEN
      Sent: Jul 25, 2007 5:46 PM
      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Bio-diesel

      I recently saw a brief item in the July Seaworthy magazine, which is a publication of BoatUS to the effect that, after conducting their own evaluations of biodiesel, both the US Coast Guard and US Navy have decided that they will not use biodiesel in any vessel that could be called into a critical or emergency repsonse.  Their concern, according to this article, was their finding that the stability of biodiesel under marine conditions was significantly less than that of diesel fuel.  If I can locate the actual article or a link to it, I will post it.

      Jim

      Alegria

      C/N 35

      From: "Jeffrey Moorman" <jeff@independent- camera.com>
      To: campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:30:18 -0400

      Check out www.biodiesel. org/ there is a wealth of "solid and well found engineering advice' to recommed
      blending Bio into your tank. The results are far from "unexpected" .

      Jeff Moorman

      Nic 35 "la Boheme"

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic