      From: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com [mailto: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Steve Perry
      Sent: 04 July 2007 14:46
      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Bio-diesel

      Before our Nic35 went on the hard for a resto job we tried biodiesel. At that time, a concentration of 20% was recommended for most engines I think because of the modifications needed for compatability between older engine components (rubber for one) and the increased cleaning effects (ie solvent nature) of bio. It was a while ago but one thing we will always remember is how much the exhaust smelled like French fries....... yummy. It also smoked a lot less. The down side, which is less now, was the expense-it was not cheap but we thought the trade off was worth it, pass the fries please. Steve.