3842Re: Fuel question

  • michael196_0
    Jun 25, 2007
      Hi Jim,

      i just readed all about Autostream and i noticed that you have a NC35
      with hydraulic drive...
      We have a NC35 NO:103 with hydro drive (without modified rudder)and
      standard 2-blad prop,too.
      would like to know if the result of going reverse become better with
      the Autostream prop?
      we have no problems with speed, but alot other problems,cause
      we are not able to drive more than 2 meters straight reverse...
      Now i would like to know how we can solve this problem.
      Maybe you can give us abit of advices....:)

      Greetings from Germany
      Michael

      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "JIM TEIPEN" <jteipen@...> wrote:

      > Denece,
      >
      > The proper prop is going to be a combination of both size and pitch.
      If
      > your engine is not achieving full RPM's or if you are getting black
      exhaust
      > smoke under load, you are most likely overpitched. If your new prop
      has an
      > adjustable pitch, you might try dialing it back a bit. If you go
      back to
      > the Autostream but don't like the power in forward, you might try
      increasing
      > the pitch. The nice thing about the Autostream, as you probably
      know, is
      > that it's easy to adjust with the boat in the water. We have a 13"
      > Autostream that is currently pitched at 11.5, which seems to work well.
      > However, we have the Perkins 4-108 with hydraulic drive so it's
      going to be
      > different on your boat.
      >
      > Jim
      > S/V Alegria
      >

      > >From: "Denece Vincent" <bluepearl@...>
      > >To: "campernicholson" <campernicholson@yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: [campernicholson] Fuel question
      > >Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:32:19 -0700
      > >
      > >Hello All
      > >We are currently cruising the Bahamas and have a perplexing
      problem. We
      > >finally put on the Campbell Sailor three blade prop when we hauled
      out
      > >last December and it seems to be using TWICE the fuel of our old
      > >Autostream! Can this be possible? Can anyone think of any other
      cause to
      > >use excessive fuel? We have the Yanmar 3JH which has always performed
      > >flawlessly. This is a not insignificant problem considering the
      high price
      > >of diesel!!
      > >
      > >Thanks in Advance
      > >
      > >Denece Vincent