3652Re: [campernicholson] Maine Camper Nicholsons Rally July 13, 14, 15, 2007 Tenants Harbor, Maine

  • Greg Pusch
    Feb 7, 2007
      John,

      I agree with the can't wait sentiment in this weather.  I was planning on a direct sail from the CC canal as I have in the past given time constraints.  Takes you about 30 nm offshore at the furthest but is shorter.  Let's keep the discussion going through the spring and see if there's interest in a Cape Ann rendezvous.

      Greg
      Resolute 35/222

      galljj35 <john.gall@...> wrote:
      Brrrr.... It's 13 f outside, wind blowing 13, gusting to 22.. wind
      chill -2 f. What better to do than to plan the summer cruise ?

      Boats heading from Mass and points south may want to transit in a
      group. From Gloucester, Ma ( my home port ) Tenants is about 120 nm,
      more or less. Easily done in two days, with a stop either at Biddeford
      Pool, Jewell Island or Sebasco Estates, or one longer pull.

      We could rendezvous at Gloucester, Rockport or the Isles of Shoals, and
      proceed from there.

      If there's interest, we could arrange for dining at Eastern Point YC in
      Gloucester, or at any of several places in Rockport.

      If you haven't checked it out, look at the North Atlantic Blues
      Festival (music, not fish) taking place in Rockland, ME that weekend.
      See http://www.northatl anticbluesfestiv al.com/. We went last year and
      had a great time. An easy ride from Tenants, if we avail ourselves of
      enterprise or other local transportation.

      can't wait.....

      john

      SKYE/CN35 78

      Finding fabulous fares is fun.