3576RE: [campernicholson] Seacocks

    Nov 8, 2006
      Message
      Yes, I tried to find a replacement for that sink drain a couple years back.  In the end I was able to replace a washer and reseal what we had, but for a while I was not a happy man!

      From: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com [mailto:campernicholson@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Denece Vincent
      Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:20 PM
      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [campernicholson] Seacocks

      We went all Marelon almost ten years ago and so far no problems (knock on wood). Lanacoat thoroughly with each haul out.

      I did recently break off the head sink drain when trying to remove the hose to work on the watermaker. Did you know those drains are as close to unreplaceable as makes no difference. So, I get a new sink with standard 1 1/4 inch drain. Still have to construct my own drain with a Perko flush fitting and some bronze pipe fittings. What fun! Really surprising how fragile that drain was!