3558Re: RE: [campernicholson] Seacocks

  • k.chippendale@ntlworld.com
    Nov 2, 2006
      I would also share Grahams view, The one I have replaced was with a modern type and has been no trouble since - at a fraction the price of Blakes.

      The fact it does not need to be stripped and cleaned each season is another plus in my books.

      Keith Chippendale
      Blue Dawn 11
      Nic 40AC

      > From: "Graham Norbury" <gnorbury@...>
      > Date: 2006/11/02 Thu PM 12:17:24 GMT
      > To: <campernicholson@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: RE: [campernicholson] Seacocks
      >
      > In the US you can get them through defender.com. Personally however, I
      > think you need to ask yourself whether you really want more Blakes, or would
      > you be better served swapping out for the modern ball valve style?
      >
      > Every set of Blakes I've ever seen on a CN35 has been green, severely
      > corroded, and invariably seized solid. One of my cockpit drain seacocks
      > broke in half (luckily out of the water) apparently due to galvanic
      > corrosion. When I replaced all Luna Azul's seacocks, I did use Blakes -
      > since then I've changed my opinion and would steer well clear of them.
      >
      > Graham

      Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
      Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software