      From: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com [mailto:campernicholson@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Arild Jæger
      Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:39 AM
      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [campernicholson] Lift pump for Perkins 4-108

      Dear Colin,

      If the term "lift pump" means sea-water-pump for engine cooling, I experienced a leak in my Jabsco pump on my Perkins 4.108 in September.  When I called the local Perkins dealer I had the option of buying parts, eg, new shaft, to the pump.  In my case there was a groove in the shaft, but I managed to move the new (cheap industrial) sealing (where I moved over the stainless spring of the old one) beside the groove, so I didn't have to buy a new shaft or have it re-machined.

      To answer you question: you should be able to get parts if it is the same pump.

      Best regards,
      Arild
      Far Out 38/10

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic