306Rudders

    Feb 3, 1999
      I talked with a CN35 owner friend of mine (#216 Brandy) and he had the same
      experience as i did when he stripped the rudder down. namely a lot of
      slurry drained out (water and foamcore) and a hell of a lot of voids left
      in the rudder. We will be trying to fill the voids by drilling and
      injecting West as best we can. I don't know if this is just a result of the
      freezing and thawing cycle here in the East. has anyone else stripped the
      gelcoat off the rudder or otherwise closely examined its condition?