      Now, just throwing ideas into the pot - Has anyone considered removing the existing track and raised support section, grind the deck flush, make good the cut-out section with GRP.  Then get a shipwright to make a shaped, new raised deck section for the track to screw onto out of teak and bolt the whole assembly through the deck with a stainless steel underdeck backing plate.

      My concern with repairs of this type is getting an acceptable deck finish with the GRP after the repair.

      Simon
      #42 Dediou
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 5:33 AM
      Subject: RE: [campernicholson] Genoa Track Blister repair

      Dale and Paula,

      We are about to start this same project.  Taking the tracks off is pretty straightforward involving the removal of the the backing plates which means quite a bit of the cabinetry in the galley and nav station areas has to be dismantled first.

      Are you going to refit the original tracks or replace it with a new one?  I want to replace the old genoa cars but haven't decided yet whether to replace the tracks. The old ones are a bit nicked up but probably still serviceable.

      Jim

      S/V Alegria

      CN 35 - 68

      >From: "Dale_&_Paula"
      >Subject: [campernicholson] Genoa Track Blister repair
      >Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:27:26 -0500
      >
      >Hello All,
      >
      >I am planning on removing genoa tracks on  "Celestine"  Nich 35 No.63
      >for the purpose of repairing blisters in vicinity of  tracks. I have a
      >pretty good idea of what is involved. I am looking for any "been there
      >done thats."
      >
      >Dale and Paula Beaver
      >"S/V Celestine"
      >Boston

      Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic