249Re: London Boat Show & low priced air fare

  • Mitch Traphagen
    Dec 1, 1998
      Hi John & Sandra -

      Michelle and I just escaped Minneapolis and are now back in Tampa Bay living
      aboard our Nicholson 32. We planned to stay up there a year, but the two
      months there seemed like two years so we came back. It wasn't so much
      Minneapolis, rather, we really missed living aboard (we also missed being
      warm).

      Last year we visited Camper & Nicholson - we had a great time. The people
      there were very friendly. We got a list of other 32's at the adjacent
      marina and had the opportunity to meet the owner - and go aboard - hull #1
      or our line.

      Have a great time at the boat show! If you have time before taking off for
      the Bahamas, feel free to give us a shout!

      Fair Winds!

      Mitch Traphagen
      S/V Hetty Brace
      Nicholson 32
      Tampa, Florida
      http://home.earthlink.net/~hettybrace

      From: John and Sandra Larson, C & N 35, No. 85, Passport
      <larsarch@...>
      To: campernicholson@onelist.com <campernicholson@onelist.com>
      Date: Monday, November 23, 1998 5:00 PM
      Subject: [campernicholson] London Boat Show & Camper Nicholson visit

      Hello to everyone on the list. We enjoy reading all the
      correspondence about C &N boats and the questions and problems that are
      aired.
      Our boat is currently in Palmetto Florida at the Snead Island Boat
      Works, a wonderful spot to store your boat or have work done. We plan on
      leaving Minnesota and joining our boat toward the end of January and then,
      as rapidly as possible, get to the Bahamas.
      Before driving to our boat, we intend to fly to London and take in
      the boat show , and also visit the C & N Boat Works. Perhaps we can meet
      some other of you C & N owners while there. Jack and Chris Statts, where
      did you find those really low air fares? We would like to leave from
      Minneapolis, but for rates like that, we probably would drive to Detroit.

      Denece and Bob Vincent, sorry to be so slow getting back to you
      about the Danny Green Tender. Ours is about done. How is yours coming?
      Construction has been pretty simple, but I sure dont like the stitch and
      glue (Stich and tape?) type of construction. It seems I spend every weekend
      up to my elbows in epoxy. It does appear to be a well thought out and very
      handy boat, though, and the best part is that nested, it will fit on the
      cabin roof behind the mast.

      For those going to the London Boat Show, if you're interested in
      meeting there, let us know.

      John & Sandra
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic