2460RE: [campernicholson] New to the list

  • Colin Campbell-Dunlop
    Jan 1, 2004
      Dear Katie and Simon,

      Thanks for sending your list of owners and boat names for the Nic 35, it
      made interesting reading!

      You may recall that we had a chat via email a while back when you were
      thinking of selling your boat in Turkey. I can totally understand why
      you decided to keep her!

      My situation is that I have bought ''Trutz'' which is hull number 225.
      She is currently lying in Vilamoura Marina in Portugal and I intend to
      have her shipped back here to the UK where we will be doing a bit of a
      refit before sailing her in July on our honeymoon! You could say that I
      will incentvise the boat yard to finish the work on time.

      Just to fill in a bit of information, Trutz has the Perkins 4-108 with
      only 1100 hours. She was built in 1986 for a German called Hans Knuppel
      who sailed her from Campers Yard (where I will be mooring her) to
      Portugal himself. To say that she was fully spec'd would be an
      understatement. Spare sprayhood, loo seat, intercoolers, 4 autopilots
      etc etc. The description of her hull colour as ''dark red'' made us
      chuckle. It is actually a most unflattering brown which we intend to
      change to cream during the refit.

      Needless to say, we can't wait to get her back here to the UK. We
      complete the sale very soon and then I will make a general announcement
      to the group for information.

      I had a look down through your list, we actually see quite a few of
      these boats sailing in the Solent on quite a regular basis including
      Drifter (gorgeous boat) and Syrinx which now has very nice blue
      topsides.

      If we see any others which don't feature on your list I will do my best
      to remember to email you.

      Anyway,

      Happy New Year!

      Colin and Jo