19Re: Gibb Stanchons

  • Robert &/or Denece Vincent
    Apr 21, 1998
      I don't know if it would work in ths case, but we once freed up a stuck table
      leg (metal corrosion) by soaking the socket with vinegar and giving the odd
      whack with a wrapped mallet. It took a couple of days to eat off enough
      corrosion to come loose.
      Denece
      You have tried heating it?

      ----------
      > Help ONElist keep this service free, while generating interest in your
      > product or service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages.
      > Visit http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.
      > _
      >
      > From: "Thomas J. Stanton" <tstanton@...>
      >
      > I have a Camper-Nicholson with Gibb aluminum stanchions. This spring I
      > purchased two from the distributor in New England, but they did not have
      > much experience with these units.
      >
      > The first of the badly bent units to be replaced is frozen in the
      > base. We have tried liquid wrench and other lubricants, but have not
      > been able to remove or separate the pieces. Do you have any
      > recommendations????
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Thomas J. Stanton

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic