1360Re: [campernicholson] Re: Raw water engine intake system

    Jun 2, 2001
      Hi!

      Trudy and I just got back from a week long vacation in the Chesapeake Bay where we spent a couple of nights in Waterside Marina near downtown Norfolk, Virginia.  Nice place, but I don't like their electrical system one bit!

      For two days we were trying to figure out the source of a mysterious "tapping" sound (like crabs clawing the hull) occurring on the outside of the sink discharge thru-hull.  On the second day I searched a little more carefully and noticed the same problem at EVERY seacock :(   All I can imagine is the water was full of stray electric currently and were eating away the seacocks at a fast rate, regardless of whether the shore power was connected or not.

      Weird huh?

      <snip>
      Yes, we have two attachments under the water; the zinc near the galley,
      which was bonded to all the underwater metal and (we believe) led to the
      demise of all our Blakes seacocks and the Dynaplate (now replaced with a
      large copper sheet) near the mast.
      <snip>
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic