1669Middle Eastern Music Ensemble at Lilies

  • brighid.omahuna
    May 18, 2013
      (please forgive me for cross-posting this on the Calontir List serve - I want to reach everyone who may be interested!)

      Hello, Populace of Calontir,
      I am hosting a group of musicians to try to create authentic Middle Eastern ensemble music at Lilies. Although I will have outlines of some tunes, this will be a traditional ensemble where improvisation will take place. To achieve a more authentic sound, I will need drums and percussion, plucked strings, as well as melody instruments like violins and recorders. The class is listed in the RUSH schedule, in the Grand Pavillion, at 11:00-12:00 on Wednesday, 2:00-3:00 on Thursday, and 11:00-12:00 on Friday. I welcome anyone to take part, who can read music, play an instrument, and who feels comfortable with this traditional music.

      HL Brighid O'Mahuna