[california-volleyball-north] Re: california-volleyball-north digest

  • VICTORKMC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hi,
      I am looking for a team I can join in (North) San Francisco, I have never
      joined a team before escept my high school varsity team. So, I don't know
      what should I do.
      I am 6"2' , 18 ,160 pds, right handed.
      Thank you for your concern.

      Victor.
    • VICTORKMC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 1, 2000
        Hi,
        I am looking for a team I can join in (north) San Francisco, I have never
        joined a team before except my high school varsity team. So, I don't know
        what should I do.
        I am 6 "2,' 18 , 160 pds, right handed.
        Thank you for your concern.

        Victor.
      • Karen Meschi
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 3, 2000
          Hello,

          Excuse me, did you say nudist ranch? Do the players play naked? Do the
          viewers watch naked? Am I in the wrong web site? My daughter is 13 years
          old. She looks forward to a career in volleyball. I certainly hope it
          isn't one with this group.

          Help, am I in the wrong place?

          ----------
          >From: "eGroups Digest" <california-volleyball-north@egroups.com>
          >To: ktm@...
          >Subject: california-volleyball-north digest
          >Date: Thu, Feb 3, 2000, 5:30 AM
          >

          > eGroups Daily Digest: california-volleyball-north has 3 new messages.
          > Click here
          > http://www.eGroups.com/list/california-volleyball-north/?start=121 to read
          them.

          > 121. Neil Lenker Spring Volleyball Festival
          > 122. l17roxy@... Re: Spring Volleyball Festival
          > 123. Scott Vestnys Indoor 4's Hardcourt/ Sand Doubles
          >
          > Preparations are under way for the 2nd annual Spring Volleyball Festival on
          > the spacious
          > grounds of Laguna del Sol, a nudist resort near Sacramento, California.
          > This year's event
          > will take place May 20-21, 2000, and is expected to draw participants from
          > around the
          > world.
          >
          > The Festival will build on last year's success, with some exciting new
          > additions as well,
          > including new T-shirts, music, courts, and sponsors. The popular features
          > that will be continued include the progressive round-robin format Saturday,
          > the 3-day
          > discount package for grounds and tent camping, the coed 4-person team
          > format, and of
          > course, certified, USAV officials provided by the Northern California
          Volleyball

        • Foxbat7@aol.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 3, 2000
            Sounds funny giving away T-shirts at a nudist colony. I'm assuming we dress
            for the occasion however. Where is Laguna del Sol? Anybody know?

            thanks!

            Gene M.
          • BAStarr5@aol.com
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 8, 2000
              As far as the high school tournaments for boys, the most popular and ones
              that my school (Los Gatos) are going to are Santa Barbara, Davis, Salinas,
              and probably a couple others.
            • Staff
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 9, 2000
                If you are looking for women's volleyball in the Bay Area, it can be hard to
                find... hopefully this info will help:

                Last time I looked into it, Oakland Parks & Rec offered a volleyball league,
                and there was a fairly strong women's league offered. I remember the play
                as pretty competitive, many talented players.

                For the South Bay and Peninsula, IVL (industrial volleyball league) offers a
                women's league, and I've subbed on a couple of teams for that. The women's
                league through IVL is fun, but not as competitive as Oakland's was.

                The Beach (Emeryville) offers co-ed leagues mostly, but they might be
                willing to try to get a women's league together if there is enough interest.

                City Beach (Santa Clara - www.citybeach.com) offers co-ed leauges during the
                week, and we've had no luck pulling off women's leagues. We do have a
                women's net up Friday and Sunday nights for Open Play, and draw many
                talented women for open play.

                Good luck!

                Cristina
                City Beach

                Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 12:43:45 -0800
                From: "Mike Martinez" <sac82838@...>
                Subject: [california-volleyball-north] Boys Highschool Tournaments

                Does anyone know of any Boys Highschool Tournaments in the Northern
                California area for the upcoming season? Thanks.

                ------------------------------ message 132 ------------------------------
                http://www.eGroups.com/list/california-volleyball-north/?start=132

                From: BAStarr5@...
                Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 01:26:38 EST
                Subject: [california-volleyball-north] Re: california-volleyball-north
                digest

                ------------------------------ message 133 ------------------------------
                http://www.eGroups.com/list/california-volleyball-north/?start=133

                Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 07:15:09 -0800
                From: mdin@...
                Subject: [california-volleyball-north] Volleyball in Monterey, California

                Does anyone know places to play volleyball in the Monterey area? Open
                gyms, leagues (BB or intermediate level), indoor, outdoors....or who to
                contact for info....thanks = )

                ------------------------------ message 134 ------------------------------
                http://www.eGroups.com/list/california-volleyball-north/?start=134

                From: "Elisabeth Bourrie" <elisabeth_bourrie@...>
                Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:21:56 PST
                Subject: [california-volleyball-north] Women's V-Ball League in Bay Area?

                Does anyone know about any women's intermediate/advanced competitive leagues
                in the Bay Area (other than Golden Gate Sport & Social)? I am a setter with
                several years of experience, and am interested in playing fairly regularly
                with a women's team.

                Thanks.

                Free e-mail groups by eGroups.com.
              • Acecamps@aol.com
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 11, 2000
                  ACE CAMPS RECRUITING SUMMER VOLLEYBALL CAMP INSTRUCTORS!

                  POSITION: Camp Instructors needed from June 16 - August 15, 2000 througout
                  Cali.
                  QUALIFICATIONS: Positions available for female volleyball athletes dedicated
                  to the celebration of the real female volleyball athlete.

                  We're recruiting former top Div 1 or Div 2 female volleyball (NCAA, NJCAA)
                  players, International Pro Players, All Americans as ACE Volleyball Camp
                  Instructors either in their immediate area or througout California.
                  Since ACE Camps are 3day volleyball fundamental skills camps this is a great,
                  Great Parttime opportunity for Junior Club Coaches, Beach Players and College
                  Assistant Coaches to give back to their sport.
                  Please email a request for a Camp Instructor profile and a brief player
                  resume-to indicate your summer availability. We're accepting only 48
                  positions please apply ASAP.
                  Prefer camp instructors with extensive playing experience (All Americans, All
                  Regions are encouraged to apply); coaching experience always a plus.
                  APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For more information and to request a camp instructor
                  profile please fax or email player's resume to ACE Camps :
                  Fax: (323) 752-0663
                  Email: acecamps@...

                  Camp Instructor Pay Scale is based on volleyball accomplishments.
                • Acecamps@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 27, 2000
                    The ACE Volleyball Camp Experience marketing partners are
                    *24Hour Fitness Team Sports Division, The Womens Sports Foundation and Sports
                    Illustrated for Women.
                  • JaaaY212@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 1, 2000
                      looking for a beginner to intermediate team to play league here in the San
                      Jose area. Preferably an all womens team. Coed ok.

                      Jaaay212@...
                    • ZBKEVLAR@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 10, 2000
                        I will be moving to California in the next week. I played college ball and
                        would like to get into some A leagues either women's or co-ed.
                      • miss calvosa
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 11, 2000
                          >From: "eGroups Digest" <california-volleyball-north@egroups.com>
                          >To: teensieyaya@...
                          >Subject: california-volleyball-north digest
                          >Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:08:52 -0000
                          >
                          ><< text1.html >>

                          Where in California are you moving to? I've been active in the Westside
                          volleyball clubs and tournaments in Southern California. I now live in
                          Northern Ca. and am coaching a little ladies club team.

                          Cera

                        • DGrantXLVB@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 12, 2000
                            Hi
                            Where in California are you moving to and where did you play college ball?
                            I may be able to hook you up with a couple of teams. Let me know.

                            Devin
                          • JaaaY212@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 12, 2000
                              Hi Cera, Can you please e-mail me some information on the ladies team that
                              you are coaching in northern, Ca. I'm interested in playing on a womens team
                              too. I currently live in San Jose, Ca. Here's my e-mail address. Jaaay212
                              @...

                              Thank you,
                              Jennise
                            • Almandon@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 13, 2000
                                I am still looking for any beach, indoor, grass: A, AA, Open, volleyball in the Monterey, Salinas area. Any tips would be appreciated. Respond to: almandon@...
                              • ZBKEVLAR@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 22, 2000
                                  I am interested. I played grass volleyball in Elko, NV and went to the National Tournament in Incline Village. I have played 6 man in college. I live in Sacramento and would like to get back into grass.

                                  Kris
                                • Ginny Hinman
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 23, 2000
                                    I'm trying to see how much interest there is in pulling together a
                                    competitive women's volleyball league (even if that means two teams) in the
                                    North Bay or even in the city. I know plently of women that played in
                                    college and have nothing but rec leagues and co-ed platforms in which to
                                    compete. I want a women's net in a real gym and I want to play hard. I miss
                                    practices and drills and three contacts on every play.

                                    AND... if this is something that already exists and I've been living under a
                                    rock, someone tell me where to sign up.

                                    Thanks.

                                    Ginny

                                    ghinman@...

                                  • DEly388659@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Apr 2, 2000
                                      Am prepping for reverse-coed grass doubles this season and am looking for a
                                      source for the "spray-on lines" that are often used to mark the 10-ft line.
                                      Anyone know where cans of this spray stuff can be found/purchased? Dave E