Feed Law Update: International Solar Energy Society Calls for Feed-in Tariffs
- In breaking news on the movement for electricity feed laws, ISES, the parent organization of national solar energy societies in a host of countries, has endorsed the use of feed-in tariffs. Meanwhile in Florida, Peter DeNapoli of SolarWorld sent a letter signed by 28 solar companies to Governor Crist calling for a system of feed-in payments in the state.
- Will RECs Create An Unhealthy Solar Market (Letter to Governor Crist from 28 Florida Solar Companies Calling for Feed-in Payments and Cautioning Against a REC Market
- International Solar Energy Society Calls for Feed-in Tariffs
- German Environment Minister Gabriel announced that the new German tariffs for wind energy will be raised 1.2 Euro cents or about 1.8 US cents/kWh. This is good news for wind energy and further evidence that the tariff mechanism can be used to raise payments as well as lower them.
- Representative Kathleen Law, former CEC Commissioner John Geesman, and Wisconsin's Focus on Energy Michael Vickerman discussed their views on feed-in tariffs at the ASES Solar Power 2008 conference in San Diego May 7.\
- U.S. State Solar Debate: Will SRECs Create Unhealthy Market Concentration? by Stephen Lacey, Renewable Energy World
208 S. Green St., #5
Tehachapi CA 93561-1741 USA
661 325 9590, 661 472 1657 mobile
World Wind Energy Conference 2008: Community Power June 24-26, Kingston, Ontario