"The Deficit Hawk Putsch": a New Politics Blog Post

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 2:14 PM
      Friends and Colleagues,
      We are witnessing, in my mind, an historic betrayal of human understanding and of human progress in the current debt ceiling debate in the US.   In my latest political blog post, I call it a "Deficit Hawk Putsch" and attempt to describe how this bloodless coup d'etat has taken place.

      What has been overthrown, at least temporarily within the US government, in the putsch is the progress in economic understanding represented by John Maynard Keynes and those who have learned from him as well as a commitment to the New Deal and Great Society programs that stabilize the economy. With this overthrow, is a rejection of the notion that governments should act to promote overall social welfare and target full or near full employment.

      The sections of the long post are as follows;
      1. Introduction
      2. The Putsch Itself
      3. The Timing of the Coup
      4. President Obama: Coup Initiator, Trojan Horse, Or Political Incompetent?
      5. An Assortment of Putschists
      6. Possible Outcomes of the Coup
      Your comments and thoughts are appreciated!

      Michael

      Blog:  www.greenthoughts.us