My intemperate contribution to current political discourse: Rep. Ryan and Republican Radicals as "Termites"

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2011
      Dear Friends and Colleagues,

      I have decided to revive my politics blog, having seen too much of the devastation in Washington wreaked by bad ideas and shaky economic analyses.  I have with this post pulled out some of the stops on the rhetoric, by using an insect metaphor to describe those I would like to see defeated.

      While the metaphor turns up the heat and may appear to some of you a questionable choice, I believe it also sheds light on the nature of society and critical differences between Left and Right.  I will post more on the substantive issues regarding fundamental differences in political perspectives that divide the political "wings".

      To those who work in the area of sustainability and energy, I don't think you need reminding that a government determined to slash its budgets and avoid deficit spending on "progressive" ideas, is in very high probability not going to be able or willing to initiate the massive infrastructure re-tooling required for us to face the climate and energy challenge.

      All the best,

      Michael

      Blog:  www.greenthoughts.us