game changer!

  • George M Coladonato
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2011

        I have totally cleaned this e-mail from all other names, sending it to you in
      hopes you will keep it going and keep it clean.  This is something I will fight
      for and  I hope you all read it all the way through. You will be glad you did.

      The 26th amendment(granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3
      months & 8 days to be  ratified! Why?  Simple!  The people  demanded it.  That
      was in 1
      971...before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.
      Of  the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to
      become the law of the  land...all because of public  pressure.

      I'm asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on
      their address list;  in  turn ask each of those to do  likewise.
      In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the
      message.  This is one  idea that really should be passed  around.
      Congressional Reform Act of  2011
      1.  Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below
         A. Two Six-year Senate terms
         B. Six Two-year House terms
        C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House  terms
      .   No Tenure / No Pension A  Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when      they are out of  office.
      3.   Congress (past, present & future) participates  in Social  Security.
      All  funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to  the Social Security
      system immediately.  All  future funds flow into the Social Security system,
      and Congress participates with the American  people.

      4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan
       Just as all Americans do.

      5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.  Congressional pay will
      rise by the  lower of CPI or  3%.

      6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same
      health care system as the  American  people.

      7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

      8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective upon passage.
      The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen.
      Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.   Serving  in Congress is
      an honor, not a career.  The  Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators,
      so  ours should serve their term(s), then go home and  back to work.

      If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then  it will only take three
      days for most people (in the  U.S. ) to receive the message.  Maybe it is  time.

      THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!! If  you agree with the above, pass it on.   If
      not, just  delete

      You  are one of my 20+.  Please keep it going.

      ----- End forwarded message -----